Maverick Hunter RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Currently we are not accepting members as the game is not finished.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ideal Build

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Central Command
Admin
Central Command

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Ideal Build Left_bar_bleue20/20Ideal Build Empty_bar_bleue  (20/20)
Defense Total: 2
Armor Total: 0

Ideal Build Empty
PostSubject: Ideal Build   Ideal Build EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 1:07 am

So I think we should post what our Ideal Build for a starting character in this game will be.

This is just to give us an idea of what kind of character diversity might be feasible.

---

I'll post mine later.
Back to top Go down
https://maverickhunterrpg.forumotion.com
Central Command
Admin
Central Command

Character sheet
Hit Points:

Ideal Build Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideal Build   Ideal Build EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 1:11 am

Okay, ideal build...Hrm.

---

As a starting character I have to keep balance in mind, but since we haven't really introduced much in the way of mechanics I'll have to settle for simple things.

I think I would like to play as an animal type reploid. Following the same line as the bosses in the X series but more like a fresh recruit.

So I would go with a Fox type.

Since being an animal based reploid wouldn't change any mechanics I think it should be an aesthetic choice. It does, however, give a good template, or theme, for your parts.

Secondly, I should choose a weapon type. It's definitely best to choose one that you want to stick with but there isn't any reason you can't switch out later. Perhaps later upgrades would unlock more attacks with a weapon you've grown proficient with? Something to think on...

Anyway, I'm a bit torn between a few different load-outs. I like the idea of having a sniper rifle. Long range, powerful, and accurate, but slow. I also like the idea of having twin pistols as a sort of gunslinger type. But the rogue in me loves dual-wielding melee weapons, despite the short range and massive amount of movement involved. For simplicity sake we'll just go with twin pistols.

Okay, now here's something to think about. Should off-hand weapons like pistols be considered an arm part? I like the idea of a weapon that is an arm part being more powerful than a standard, separate weapon, with the obvious trade off of taking up a slot. So let's go with no, for now.

On to the actual parts.

Head Slot:

Being a twin pistoleer gives me two attacks in a round, ideally, so I don't really need accuracy too much. So I'd rather think of something fun. Perhaps a head slot could give you bonus action? Or maybe a bonus reaction? So let's say I take a head slot that allows me to attack with a pistol as a reaction once a round, even if I've already attacked twice this round. It gives a good feeling of speed and a kind of 'gunslinger' style.

Body Slot:

Pistols would be mid-range, that seems obvious. So I'm not going to be in the middle of the fighting too much unless something goes wrong. Body armor doesn't seem necessary and I feel that it makes sense for armor to slow a character down. Again, let's think of something fun. Here is where I could play around with being an animal type character. If I had chosen a flying animal than I could choose wings as my body, but I'm a fox, so that doesn't give me much. Except maybe a tail. What can we do with a tail? Lots of mavericks have used tails as weapons despite it not making sense with the animal. But I already have 2 weapons, so lets think of something else we can do with it.

I'm thinking some kind of energy converter. Maybe an ability to absorb an attack and gain some AP. This is pretty powerful so it would have to be limited in some way. Maybe it would have to be a reaction, using a significant amount of RP, to gain a boost to AP on the next round? I don't know...

But I like the idea of it so we'll go with that for now.

Right Arm:

Not using a weapon for an arm so gotta think outside the box here. Here is a good place to incorporate an element like ice or fire, but at level one we shouldn't have access to such powerful parts.

I think I'd go with the grapple that I posted earlier. It would allow me some extra mobility as well as give me access to dropped items.

Left Arm:

Well damn. I need to think of something else.

Hmm, maybe having a melee weapon isn't such a bad thing. Maybe a set of retractable claws? Obviously this wouldn't work with my head-slot, but it would be nice if I'm stuck in close quarters. Since they're retractable I can use them with a pistol, but that means they would cost 1 AP to extract.

Legs:

I think being quick and elusive makes sense for a fox type character. So let's take leg parts that would give me a bonus to speed, let's say 1, and a bonus to dodge/defense, let's say another 1.

---

Alright, that wraps it up. A lot more complicated than I expected but I think it seems fairly balanced out.

We'll just have to see after we get some more solid mechanics set up.
Back to top Go down
Wildburner
Admin

Ideal Build Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideal Build   Ideal Build EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 2:28 am

Well, dunno if I'd want a human-ish or animal type of reploid yet, but if I did pick the latter, I'd go tiger.

As for fighting style, I like hand-to-hand martial arts fighting, so... yeah, that.

Now here's how I imagined builds would work.

Head parts would have like passive abilities like additional action points or increased perception. I'd want a part that would increase my accuracy so I can hit my opponent since I'd be up close and gotta make each hit count.

Body parts would up defense (I know, so original, right?) or additional HP. I'd be in the enemy's face, so I have to make sure I can take a few blows.

Arm parts clearly weapons or other gear (like shields). If you had a weapon for an arm part (like a Mega Buster for example), I would say it deals more damage at the cost of extra action points depending on the weapon. Or they could even increase your damage output with unarmed attacks or could attach gauntlets/knuckles to add various effects (lightning punch and such)

Leg parts I think would be for upping how many spaces you could move or allowing you to jump further/higher, or even limited flight. I'd of course want to move in quick and be able to get out quick since I'd be in the heat of combat.
Back to top Go down
Central Command
Admin
Central Command

Character sheet
Hit Points:

Ideal Build Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideal Build   Ideal Build EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 12:35 pm

Well this gives a small idea of what our parts will look like at first.

If we can make sure we can make a plethora of parts so that we can make characters around this than we should be good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ideal Build Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideal Build   Ideal Build Empty

Back to top Go down

Ideal Build
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Maverick Hunter RPG :: Rules of the Game :: Brainstorm-
Jump to: